Sunday, May 29, 2005

Yellow & Black


Yellow & Black, originally uploaded by Jaqaroo.

Looking a little like a bee, this is actually a level crossing near my apartment. It was repainted recently.
My old apartment, when I was still single, overlooked this pedestrian level crossing, and I could hear the "bong, bong, bong" chimes every 3 to 4 minutes until nearly 1:00 am, and sometimes during the night too. I got used to it after a few weeks of course and soon the trains and bonging didn't really bother me - I almost stopped noticing them. But why get used to it? Why not move to a better apartment without the noise and the rumble of trains?
In the end I did move and was glad I did although it's always uncomfortable moving, and slightly scary, but you know it's the right thing to do. Life is too short to put up with second best.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi John

Excellent contrast of colors and a very nice overall compositon to this photo... very nice indeed!

E