Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Tibet 1987


Tibet 1987
Originally uploaded by Jaqaroo.
In the spring of 1987 I traveled from Kathmandu to Lhasa. This photo was taken on one of the high mountain passes.
That journey stayed with me for a long time, in fact it is stuck in a place at the back of my mind and makes an appearance every now and again to remind what I did when I was 26 years old.
It's the passage of time that surprises and scares me. It dificult to look at these photos; looking at the younger me, the freer me.
There are 4 other sets of negatives here that I could transfer onto CD but I'm not sure I could handle it.
That's says something I should take note of.
Tibet is still there. Those prayer flags are still there and the sky is still a deep blue there, but that 26 year old isn't there.
Build a bridge and get over it...

No comments: